INSTALL.txt

Thu Jan 5 16:57:23 UTC 2006

> From: Nigel Horne <njh@bandsman.co.uk>

> I suggest adding to INSTALL.txt that you can't start the programs
> from rcDCC unless they are set to "ENABLE=on" in dcc_conf.

That suggestion sounded right when I read it, but now I wonder about
your particular situation.  The ./configure script should have generated
a dcc_conf file with DCCM_ENABLE=on.  If not, then something went wrong
with building dccm.  Since you are using dccm, you would probably not
need to set DCCIFD_ENABLE.  Since you do not have a globally unique
server-ID, you do not want to set DCCD_ENABLE=on.