FC4 warning

Thu Jan 5 02:50:55 UTC 2006

> I followed the instructions in INSTALL.txt, but when I did a make in
> /etc/mail (after adding feature(dcc)) I get this warning. Is it
> safe to ignore it?
>
> [root@bandsman mail]# make
> /usr/share/sendmail-cf/feature/dcc.m4:75: m4: Warning: Excess arguments
> to built-in `define' ignored

On which flavors of UNIX and sendmail do you see that error message?
I don't see it in a quick test with 8.13.5 on 5.2.1-RELEASE-p1.

I also don't see a use of define() on line 75 of misc/dcc.m4
Which version of the DCC source are you using?  From where did you
get it?  Was it from
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z
or
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/source/dcc.tar.Z
or some third party?

To answer the question, the warning is safe to ignore if the resulting
sendmail.cf and submit.cf files are reasonable.  I would compare the
result of `make` on your .mc file with and without the feature(DCC) line.