Flooding greylist servers

Fri Dec 30 02:12:15 UTC 2005

> From: "Paul R. Ganci" <ganci@nurdog.com>

> Can somebody please help unconfuse me. I have two servers mx01.mric.net
> and mx02.mric.net that are running local greylist servers which I would
> like to flood. The cdcc info for these look like this (I have cut out
> the public DCC servers and just show the greylist server):

IDs >= 32768 are DCC client-IDs.
IDs <= 32767 are server-IDs.

Each server must have a unique server-ID.
Each client must identify itself by a client-ID.   Client-IDs need
not be unique.
You cannot use a client-ID as a server-ID nor vice versa.

On both systems, put these four lines in /var/dcc/ids:

32768	secret1
32700	secret0
32702	secret2
32703	secret3

In /var/dcc/dcc_conf on host1 set SRVR_ID=32702
                        host2     SRVR_ID-32703
(assuming an otherwise unchanged dcc_conf file)

On both systems, put these two lines in /var/dcc/grey_flod:

host1    32702 32700
host2    32703 32700

Put both the greylist servers into /var/dcc/map on both systems
with the two commands

   cdcc "add  host1  Greylist 32768  secret1"
   cdcc "add  host2  Greylist 32768  secret1"