Flooding greylist servers

Paul R. Ganci ganci@nurdog.com
Fri Dec 30 00:36:09 UTC 2005

Can somebody please help unconfuse me. I have two servers mx01.mric.net
and mx02.mric.net that are running local greylist servers which I would
like to flood. The cdcc info for these look like this (I have cut out
the public DCC servers and just show the greylist server):

 > cdcc info
# 12/29/05 17:20:33 MST  /etc/dcc/map
# Re-resolve names after 18:07:31
# 1492.89 ms threshold, 2096.03 ms average    12 total, 11 working servers
IPv6 off

<snip>

################
# 12/29/05 17:20:33 MST  GreyList /etc/dcc/map
# Re-resolve names after 18:08:01
# 1 total, 1 working servers

127.0.0.1,-                 Greylist 32768 2005761562x28
# *127.0.0.1,6276                                                    ID
32702
#     100% of 32 requests ok    3.56 ms RTT              0 ms queue wait

Both of the greylist servers have the default ids file:

<snip>
32768   2005761562x28

# server-IDs
1000

# auto local greylist server-ID
#       The preceding line is used by /var/dcc/libexec/start-grey
#       and /var/dcc/libexec/stop-dccd to find the following line containing
#       the password generated by the installation script:
32702   2005761562y28

In order top flood I have to have unique server IDs if I read the
documentation correctly. In my situation using the default install setup
both my greylisters use server ID 32702. How do I change them so one
uses server-id 32703 with a password of my choice?

I have tried to change the ids file to:

# server-IDs
1000

# auto local greylist server-ID
#       The preceding line is used by /var/dcc/libexec/start-grey
#       and /var/dcc/libexec/stop-dccd to find the following line containing
#       the password generated by the installation script:
32703   2005761562y28

and then regenerated the map file but I always get an error:

unauthorized or wrong server-ID" not sent to client 32703 at 127.0.0.1,33667

I assume that I have to do something very unclear to me to make 32703 a
proper greylist server id. I further assume that once the grey list
server-id is straightened out, a grey_flod file containing something like

mx01.mric.net    32702       1000
mx02.mric.net    32703       1000

will cause the desired result. Will somebody who has done this before
please enlighten me. Thanks so much.

--
Paul (ganci@nurdog.com)