env_From incrementing

Fri Dec 9 18:24:29 UTC 2005

> From: John Doherty

>   Fuz1=1 Fuz2=1

Could you check with `ps -wwwwvax | grep dccm` or `ps -lef | grep dccm`
or some other way that dccm is not running with a -t threshold that
would explain it?

> I can't reproduce the problem. I tried sending a couple of dozen
> messages from my home to the shop, and all were accepted just fine,
> though they were checked against a different DCC server
> (X-DCC-Misty-Metrics).

Few if any public DCC servers other than dcc.niet.net run with a `dccd -K`
value that saves env_From checksums.

It should be easy to reproduce the syndrome by adding an entry to
/var/dcc/map biased to dcc.niet.net with

   cdcc "add dcc.niet.net RTT-2000 ms"

If you do try that, be sure to use

   cdcc "delete dcc.niet.net"

when you are finished testing to delete the test entry.

I've done more testing with something like that and still failed to
get anything to pay attention to the env_From totals.