spamassassin/dccifd: write(MTA socket,XX): Broken pipe

Wed Dec 7 19:32:49 UTC 2005

> From: "Jeff A. Earickson"

> I added "dcc_timeout 10" to my spam.assassin.prefs.conf in my
> MailScanner/etc directory (MS 4.47.4, Solaris 9).  It seems to
> have reduced the number of broken pipe messages, but...

I should mention another possible trigger for dccifd being slow
arbitrarily slow.  If you use host names in /var/dcc/whiteclnt
and if /var/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw is invalid, then dccifd cannot
use a separate thread to resolve those host names.  The whole
thing must stop until your local DNS resolver library gives answers.