Spamassassin timeout, cdcc looks fine

Johan Segernäs johan@levonline.com
Thu Dec 1 08:34:13 UTC 2005

On 2005-11-30 15:08 -0700 or thereabouts, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Johan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Segern=E4s?= <johan@levonline.com>
>

> > [20519] dbg: dcc: dccifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found
> dccifd is often more efficient.

Oki, i'll check dccifd then.

> > [20519] dbg: dcc: check timed out after 5 seconds
>
> 5 seconds is less than the worst case delay of 8 seconds for dccproc
> to look for and fail to find a working DCC server.

It should use my own server and it shouldn't take 5 seconds for it to answer.

> > 3.0.4 on it. Is there any difference?=20
>
> Difference between what and what?

Spamassassin 3.0.4 and 3.1 is the only difference between my two servers. I
have Tao Linux on all servers with the same config but the upgrade of
Spamassassin.

I now have timeout 10 seconds instead and i restarted dccd and now 'time
spamassassin --lint -D' takes around 2 seconds with spamassassin 3.0.4 and
3-4 with 3.1.

> Does the command `cdcc rtt` produce the same good result on both client
> systems?

Yes, and they both did yesterday when SA got timeout on dcc-check, that's why
I didn't blame dccd.