DCC version 1.3.21 / 2.3.21 released

Sun Nov 27 01:15:01 UTC 2005

> From: "Paul R. Ganci" <ganci@nurdog.com>

> I upgraded to 1.3.21 today on my test server and am now seeing the

> Nov 26 13:28:44 nureyev sendmail[9412]: jAQKSibM009412: POSSIBLE ATTACK
> from n5.bullet.dcn.yahoo.com: newline in string "nureyev.mric.net 1156;
> Body=2 Fuz1=2 Fuz2=2 "

> It appears that the X-DCC headers are being added with \n which of
> course makes sendmail extremely unhappy. Is there something I might have
> missed in the build or is this a bug?

It's a new bug.  X-DCC headers have had '\n' characters for years as
required by RFC 2822 when the header is longer than 78 caracters.  The
bug is that version 1.3.21 calls smfi_chgheader() with a trailing '\n'.
I saw sendmail complaining about that a few weeks ago but misdiagnosed it.

I'll release 1.3.22 with a fix tonight.

I'm sorry about that,