Grey-listed message never accepted.

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Oct 25 13:24:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:45:54PM -0600, Paul R. Ganci wrote:

> Note that the last message was sent ~12 minutes after the first attempt.
> The greylister is setup to accept any properly resent message after 3
> minutes. For this particular message the greylister never accepts it
> even though everything (sender Email, recipient Email, sending server IP
> address and msgid). Now I know the greylister works for other messages.
> Why might it have failed for this message and how to I go about
> debugging it?

Notice how the size of the message increases, although not with each
retry.  That would alter the checksum.  I've seen several similar
instances where the MTA would append a disclaimer to each message,
and would do it again for each retry.  Check your DCC logs if you
have them, to confirm what's happening in this instance.