Dccifd vs dccproc (Was RE: false positives)

Ugo Bellavance ugob@camo-route.com
Thu Oct 20 15:05:20 UTC 2005

dcc-admin@rhyolite.com <mailto:dcc-admin@rhyolite.com> wrote:
>> From: Jeff Mincy
>

> Is SpamAssassin using dccproc or dccifd?  If you are using dccifd
> (it's faster), then you should use -Q -w etc.

Hi,

	Sorry to hijack this conversation, but I've been wondering for a
long time if there was a clear-cut advantage to run dccifd instead of
dccproc on a mail server.  In my case, MailScanner calls SpamAssassin,
which in turn calls DCC.  I usually use DCCifd on the servers I
maintain, but I haven't done any real performance tests.  I know that a
daemon like DCCifd is usually faster than a single process because it is
always in memory, but I've been told that since dccproc is called very
often, the process of paging in/out shouldn't be very slow.  Comments?

Regards,

Ugo