whiteclnt mx ip problem

Wed Oct 5 21:00:11 UTC 2005

> From: Giulio Cervera <giulio.cervera@edspa.it>

> I have updated my dccifd client to 1.3.19 and now to .20 version and
> added my MX server to whiteclnt
>
> dccifd work fine but no report sames to be made by my client

I assume
   - dccifd adds "X-DCC...bulk" headers to spam
   - locally discovered spam is not reported to the DCC as if
       dccdid were running with -Q.

If so, what lines did you add to whiteclnt?

These lines tell dccifd to skip initial Received headers containing these
IP addresses:
   mx IP 10.2.3.4
   mx IP example.com
   mx IP 10.5.6.0/24

A line like this would also tell dccifd that the message has already
been reported to the DCC and so dccifd should act as if -Q had been specified:
   mxdcc IP 10.2.3.4

Log files in /var/dcc/log will say what is happening.
The "IP" line early in the file will show what dccifd thinks was the
source IP address, if it could find any IP address.

>   <o:TotalTime>3</o:TotalTime>
>   <o:Created>2003-07-18T14:08:00Z</o:Created>
>   <o:LastSaved>2003-07-18T14:11:00Z</o:LastSaved>
>   <o:Pages>1</o:Pages>
>   <o:Words>29</o:Words>
>   <o:Characters>169</o:Characters>
>   <o:Company>EDS</o:Company>
>   <o:Lines>1</o:Lines>
>   <o:Paragraphs>1</o:Paragraphs>
>   <o:CharactersWithSpaces>197</o:CharactersWithSpaces>
>   <o:Version>10.4219</o:Version>
>  </o:DocumentProperties>

Microsoft XML email should be avoided except when actually needed.