dccm segfaults since 1.3.15

Fri Sep 23 03:25:17 UTC 2005

> From: Juergen Georgi

> > Do you have a sample bulk message that triggers the crash?
>
> Attached.
>
> > Is a stack trace available?  That can be produced by
>
> (gdb) bt

both of those were valuable.

I think I figure it out.  It should only affect dccm and dccifd when
run with -aIGNORE and only on platforms without the BSD kludge of of
having *printf() handla a %s conversion of a null pointer with the
string "(null)" instead of a crash.

The enclosed patch should fix it.  I will include it with some other
changes that I hope to release within a week.

thank you,
Vernon Schryver    vjs@rhyolite.com

*** thrlib/old-cmn.c    Sun Sep 18 12:23:07 2005
--- thrlib/cmn.c        Thu Sep 22 21:09:30 2005
***************
*** 1742,1747 ****
--- 1742,1753 ----
                return;
        }

+       if (cwp->action == CMN_IGNORE) {
+               USER_LOG_CAPTION(rcpt_st, DCC_XHDR_RESULT
+                                DCC_XHDR_RESULT_I_A"\n");
+               return;
+       }
+
        user_log_smtp_reply(cwp, rcpt_st);
        user_log_print(rcpt_st, DCC_XHDR_RESULT"%s\n", cwp->reply.result);
  }