whitelisting "read" DSNs

Georg Graf georg.graf@wu-wien.ac.at
Sat Sep 10 19:43:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 07:36:54PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Georg Graf <georg.graf@wu-wien.ac.at>
>
> > Many of them have the header:

> In which RFC is the SMTP header Content-class defined?

I dont know.

> > (but this would most likely not match my examples). Does dccm strip away
> > newlines and tabs if matching agains multi-line headers?
>
> yes
>

> > Maybe we need a feature like this?
> >
> >    ok2 regex substitue Content-class "multipart/report.*report-type=disposition-notification"
>
> See
> http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/FAQ.html#reg-exps1
> or in the copy of the FAQ that comes with the DCC source about
> regular expressions.

portability problem: A Posix.2 regex implementation is available
in all of the platforms dcc runs on, I guess.

I see the point that dccd would not be able to use regexes. do
dccm / dccproc / dccifd internally work on checksums?

> Whitelisting by message encoding seems strange to me.  Would it not
> be better to whitelist by something related to the sender?

This is not a choice. Some of my users request this stuff and get
it from any place over the web. I could whitelist the recepients
actually, thus exempting them from dcc use.

  Georg Graf

--
Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
Central and Internet Services Section