DCC -> report failed: Exited with non-zero exit code 67

dcc@mikecappella.com dcc@mikecappella.com
Sun Aug 28 02:09:09 UTC 2005

> It would clearly be better to change SpamAssassin with
> something like the enclose patch for version 3.0.4 to specify
> the exit code it wants.
> That as far as I can tell the exit code of 67 does no worse
> than cause annoying noise supports that notion.

It's a reasonably choice I think.  Last week, I created a spamassassin bug
report requesting relaxing the dcc_options restrictions to allow passing -x
as well, so there's some notification over there that the issue exists.

> When is the SpamAssassin function report() called?  Is it
> invoked for ordinary mail that exceeds a threshold or is it
> only for spam traps?

The reporter function is called manually via the command line

  spamassassin --report <spam_email_message>

when a mail admin wants to report spam to the various antispam filtering DBs
(dcc, spamcop, razor).  It just simplifies reporting to each DB manually.
Admins make their own determination about what is and is not SPAM.  It could
be used for traps too.