DCC -> report failed: Exited with non-zero exit code 67

dcc@mikecappella.com dcc@mikecappella.com
Sun Aug 21 01:19:10 UTC 2005

> Subject: RE: DCC -> report failed: Exited with non-zero exit code 67
>

> > Subject: Re: DCC -> report failed: Exited with non-zero exit code 67
> > >
> > > Since installing dcc-dccd-1.3.15, I'm seeing the error:
> > >
> > > 	DCC -> report failed: Exited with non-zero exit code 67
> > >
> > > every time I report spam w/ spamassassin --report.  Is this
> > a bug, or
> > > recent change that needs an update to spamassassin?
> >

> > Is this a problem?  Should I change it back?
> >
> Perhaps some future coordination
> of your change with the SpamAssassin group could be possible.
>  Or even a release note indicating the appropriate opt to set
> for SpamAssassin's Reporter.pm module.  It looks like the
> code tests truthfulness of the result of the run of dccproc.
> This would indicate to me that 67 is now being returned vs. 0.
>
> I suppose a "-x 0" could be added to the DCC opts, but I've
> not tried yet.  I'll test as soon as I can.

Bad news on setting dcc_options in SpamAssassin as a quick work around.
Unfortunately, for some unstated security reason, SpamAssassin only allows
the characters in the range [A-Z _] for dcc_options, so -x 0 cannot be
passed via config file.

I modified my Reporter.pm spamassassin module to pass -x 0, and this solves
the problem.

Perhaps it would be best to restore the pre 1.3.15 return value.

-m