DCC: got response: Can't exec "/usr/local/bin"

Matthias Fuhrmann Matthias.Fuhrmann@stud.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jul 13 11:01:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Joe Woltering wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> New here, so bear with me. I've searched high and low for an answer to this.
> It would appear to be a permissions issue of which I've tried every
> variation.
>
> I have Spamassassin w/ Postfix, and Razor working charmingly. My only
> problem now is getting DCC to work.
>
> When run 'spamassassin --lint -D' the only error I receive is:
>
> debug: DCC: got response: Can't exec "/usr/local/bin": Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Util.pm line 1144.
> debug: leaving helper-app run mode
> debug: DCC -> check failed: no X-DCC returned (did you create a map file?):
> Can't exec "/usr/local/bin": Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Mail/SpamAssassin/Util.pm line 1144.
>
> The line in question is a little beyond my scope of knowledge but looks like
> this:
>
> exec @cmdline;
>
> Can anybody get me back on track?

in yout local.cf, did you set dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
or just dcc_path /usr/local/bin? same for dccifd. path must hit the
binary.
since there is "did you create a map file?" within the log, which comes
from dcc (IIRC), i'm not sure, if i'm wrong here.

regards,
Matthias