What does env_From=ok mean?

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jun 18 18:38:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:09:09PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Gary Mills
>
> > Today, I received a phish that purported to come from service@paypal.com.
> > DCC added this header line:

> > The envelope sender was indeed service@paypal.com, but this address
> > does not appear in any of our whitelist files, except in commented-
> > out form:
>
> When was dbclean last run?  Changes to the whitecommon file do not
> take effect until the next time the database is rebuilt.
>
> Has dbclean been complaining about errors in the whitelist files?
> When dbclean cannot parse them, it falls back to the the results
> of last good parsing.

It runs every night, with no complaints.  One of the two servers logs
this message, but I assume it's not relevant:

	dbclean[11976]: [ID 772288 mail.notice] reducing default -e 46 hours  -E 29 days

The only dbclean setting in dcc_conf on either server is:

	DBCLEAN_ARGS='-F'

None of the client or server whitelists contain `service@paypal.com'.
Why would dccm put `env_From=ok' in the X-DCC header?