Private Server??

Thu Jun 9 16:30:48 UTC 2005

> From: Ronan McGlue

> Can i set up restrictions on any DCC server I set up so that only
> certain servers / networks can flood / update it...

That is the usual situation.  Only a couple dozen of the about 250 DCC
servers in the global network answer DCC requests from the public.  The
majority are private servers talking to only local DCC clients and 3
or 4 external DCC servers as flooding peers.  See `dccd -uFOREVER`
perhaps in
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/dccd.html#OPTION-u

> Any users on this list know of any DCC servers on the JANET  or of any
> users on the JANET that regularly hit the public DCCs???

The public DCC servers keep track of major anonymous clients.
Which blocks of IP addresses should I look for?