man page question

Alex S Moore asmoore@edge.net
Thu May 26 19:22:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:31:45 -0600 (MDT)
Vernon Schryver <vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com> wrote:

> The .8 files in the DCC source use BSD style -mman or -mdoc nroff
> macros.

That should help get what I need, which is to build a man page that
Solaris man reads that is not the pre-formatted version stored in
<prefix>/share/man/cat8, since they get removed periodically.

> I wonder if the real problem is not with dccifd.8 in the DCC
> distribution but a missing copy of of something like
> /usr/share/lib/tmac/tmac.man on your Solaris system.
>
> Failing that, it might be effective to install groff.

I do not find a file named tmac.man but I do have groff installed.

I will read up on groff and see if I can generate the file that I need.

Thanks for the answers,
Alex