dccifd spawns more than one process

Mon May 23 19:42:45 UTC 2005

> From: Lonnie Olson <fungus@aros.net>

> As embarrassing as it sounds I finally got around to upgrading my DCC
> clients that run dccifd.  They were running 1.2.58.  Previously there
> was only one process running, but now I upgraded to 1.3.4 and noticed
> two processes.

That is probably the mechanism that implements this item among the 1.3.0
changes:

    Restart dccm and dccifd after core dumps.

On reasonable versions of UNIX, the parent process should have little
real memory and do nothing but fork() again should the child crash.
It's turned off when run with -b.

Of course, core dumps are still serious bugs that should never happen,
but at lesat DCC filtering is not lost when they do happen.