hostname checksum illegal

Thu May 19 19:37:36 UTC 2005

> From: John Doherty

> May 10 12:55:11 is1 dccm[55813]:
> /var/dcc/userdirs/local/[REDACTED]/whiteclnt.dccw is a global
> whitelist used as a per-user whitelist
>
> May 10 12:55:11 is1 dccm[55813]: hostname checksum illegal in line 5
> of /var/dcc/userdirs/local/[REDACTED]/whiteclnt
>
> And I honestly don't know what to do about either one of them. There's
> nothing obviously different about that user's whiteclnt compared to
> the others, at least not that I see. So what could make it appear to
> be a global whitelist?

Are there any symbolic links that would make the per-user directory
/var/dcc/userdirs/local/[REDACTED]/ be the same as /var/dcc?
Do /var/dcc/userdirs/local/[REDACTED]/whiteclnt.dccw and
/var/dcc/whiteclnt.dccw have different i-numbers?

Per-user whitelists cannot contain host names, lest the locking and
blocking in dealing with the DNS overwhelm a busy system.