No message body error with DCC 1.3.4

Sun May 15 23:34:01 UTC 2005

> From: "Stephen Carter" <stephen@retnet.co.uk>

> This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to
> consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to
> properly handle MIME multipart messages.

I think instead that you should consider changing to a MUA that avoids
needlessly encrypt mail as quoted-printable.   You should at least
consider MUAs that do not insist on sending both quoted-printable and
HTML encrypted versions of your messages.

The DCC mailing list archives HTML mail as simple text, as I think is
only prudent given the games one can play with HTML.  See
  http://www.rhyolite.com/pipermail/dcc/2005/002673.html

> And in this case the /var/log/mail log also showed the same 'no message =
> body' error.=20

> To me it looks like a permsissions problem as it does work when run =
> manually.  I just need to keep looking to find out where..=20

If dccproc cannot read the file specified with -i and containing the
mail message, it whines in the system log something like:

  bad input file "/tmp/qqq": Permission denied; fatal error

To debug such problems, on of my my favorite tactics is to replace a
program such as dccproc with a shell script.  The script would log all
of its args and then do something like:

     tee /tmp/foo.$$ | dccproc $*