No message body error with DCC 1.3.4

Stephen Carter stephen@retnet.co.uk
Sun May 15 15:28:48 UTC 2005

Stephen Carter
Retrac Networking Limited
Ph: +44 (0)7870 218 693
Fax: +44 (0)870 7060 056
CNA, CNE, CNS, CCNA, MCP

>>>Gary V <lists@johnmecham.com> 05/15/05 2:06 pm >>>

>what does
>su vscan 'spamassassin -D <testmail.txt' say?

When I su to vscan, then run spamassassin -D <testmail.txt, I get:
debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
debug: DCC is available: /usr/local/bin/dccproc
debug: entering helper-app run mode
debug: setuid: helper proc 20182: ruid=65 euid=65
debug: DCC: got response: X-DCC-NIET-Metrics: jupiter 1080; env_From=6 Body=1006 Fuz1=15707 Fuz2=1007
debug: leaving helper-app run mode

>and
>amavisd debug-sa (use your MUA to send a test mail through during debug)

debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
debug: DCC is available: /usr/local/bin/dccproc
debug: entering helper-app run mode
debug: setuid: helper proc 20401: ruid=65 euid=65
debug: failed read header
debug: leaving helper-app run mode
DCC -> check failed: Died at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Dns.pm line 806.

debug: Running tests for priority: 500

And in this case the /var/log/mail log also showed the same 'no message body' error.

>Are you running amavisd-new chrooted? Try without if you are.
No.

Try changing both owner *and* group of the dcc installation:
chown -R vscan:vscan /path/to/dcc
Same error.  I've also confirmed by running ps -aux that amavis is actually running as the vscan user, which it is.

I've also confirmed that all directories at and below /var/spool/amavis are also set to vscan:vscan ownership.

To me it looks like a permsissions problem as it does work when run manually.  I just need to keep looking to find out where..

Gary V