1.3.3 oddity on bsd/os

Mon May 2 00:51:00 UTC 2005

> From: "John R Levine"
> Subject: 1.3.3 oddity on bsd/os

> When I started it, it said:
>
> 2005-05-01 11:38:13.728841500 bind(oflod 0.0.0.0,0 in line 19 of /var/dcc/flod): Invalid argument

I think that is a bug I recently introduced when I fixed another problem.
Before the fix, you could not use `dccd -a 127.0.0.1` without any
local host names on /var/dcc/flod file lines.  I think that works
now--never mind that I forget to remove the warning from the dccd man page.

I think I have a fix for the fix for 1.3.4.   I hope to release 1.3.4
within days.  Until then, a work-around is to add local host names
or addresses to lines in /var/dcc/flod.   Even that is not necessary
except when the remote flooding peer has a firewall that expects
a TCP connection from the -a address.  It looks as if that applies to
only two of your DCC server's peers.  In your position, I'd not worry
about it but would just install 1.3.4.

thanks,