1.3.3 and pidfile

Sun May 1 14:54:14 UTC 2005

> From: Pavel Urban

> before I start more debugging - I cannot persuade dccd to create
> pidfile. Oddly enough, dccifd running on another server, but installed
> from the same package, creates it without problem. Anybody else seen
> this behaviour?

Dccd does not create a process ID file, because it is not needed.  The
command
       cdcc "id 54321; stop"
shuts down dccd.  That is how /var/dcc/libexec/stop-dccd works.

Dccifd and dccm do create pid files, because they do not have command
interfaces and programs like cdcc.

See also /var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC, which should have symbolics in
/etc/rc.d, /usr/local/rc.d, or wherever your system prefers.