keeping dccm, dccifd, and dccd running

John R Levine johnl@iecc.com
Thu Mar 31 03:44:35 UTC 2005

> The obvious fix for such hassles is a shell script or one of the
> process monitoring applications that runs daemons with -b and restarts
> them if they every quit.  Such fixes have usually have problems when
> you really do want to stop the daemon.

I run all of my dcc daemons under daemontools which both restart them when
they crash (never, on my BSD/OS + qmail box) and log their output.

Since daemontools works well and is easy to drop into existing Unix
setups, I'd suggest leaving well enough alone.

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor