dccifd stabilty issues with 1.2.74

Kelsey Cummings kgc@sonic.net
Wed Mar 30 19:11:30 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:17:00PM -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> Another thing to check is for tmp.* files in /tmp or the
> DCC log directory, often /var/dcc/log.
> Some or all of messages that dccifd was working on when it crashed
> (assuming it crashed) will be left in tmp.* files.
>
> I've seen some evidence that version 1.2.71 and older versions of dccm
> are bothered by an odd combination of HTML, MIME, and I don't know
> what else.  Spam causing such problems involving "Ruena Manufacturing
> Industial" would be quite interesting.

Vernon - it seems to be one particular spam that is causing the problems
for me.  It has a long hostname in a URL - 113 chars in the form of

a[83]YN8Ag48fGByN8841GG.baranto.com

That is, 83 'a's followed by 'YN8Ag48fGByN8841GG.baranto.com'

This is an illegal domain name - perhaps there are some missing sanity
checks somewhere?

It's also using the same string as the multi-part boundry.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc@sonic.net           sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way