dccifd stabilty issues with 1.2.74

Tue Mar 29 22:12:22 UTC 2005

> From: Cami <camis@mweb.co.za>

> > Is there any chance that the core file or logs involve URLs in
> > HTML email with long host names?   I just found a crash triggered
> > by such things.  It is an old problem.
>
> I have managed to extract the messages/tmp files for 2 minutes
> before + including the time dccifd crashed, would this help
> you? (can you reinject/scan it manually to test?)

>  filename="syslog.txt.gz"

thanks, but those syslog entries tell me only that things are
not working as well as they should.

The tmp.* files have all or portions of mail messages that can be reinjected
to dccifd.

Of course, before spreading them around, it would be a good idea to
ensure that the tmp.* files contain spam intead of legitimate and so
private mail.

thank you,