What's going on with NANAE?

Tue Mar 29 16:59:56 UTC 2005

> From: Chris Aseltine <ophidian@newsnation.com>

> Am I correct in assuming it's being crapflooded?  (again)?

Yes, for the last week, but only for users of incompetently run
servers.  There were also reports of cancel attacks.

> Can nothing be done in these situations?

Hire a competent netnews provider that deals with minor problems.
Users of competently run news servers do not notice the "Hipcrime"
problems unless they want to and that is often impossible.

Please note that this mailing list concerns the DCC or Distributed
Checksum Clearinghouse.  Discussios of netnews groups seems off-topic
for this mailing list.