dccifd stabilty issues with 1.2.74

Cami camis@mweb.co.za
Tue Mar 29 05:06:13 UTC 2005

Vernon Schryver wrote:
> What about `kill -s 3 PID` or `kill -s 6 PID` or whatever is needed
> to send a SIGQUIT, SIGILL, or SIGABRT?

Nope, neither of those (SIGQUIT, SIGILL, or SIGABRT) generates
any core file.

> If none of those case a core-dump, has something been set to
> disable core dumps for the UID that runs dccifd?

Hmrph.. Whats quite interesting is the following:

[spamwall11][/var/amavis]$ ./a
Segmentation fault
[spamwall11][/var/amavis]$ ulimit -aH
core file size        (blocks, -c) unlimited
[spamwall11][/var/amavis]$ ulimit -c unlimited
[spamwall11][/var/amavis]$ ./a
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Even though -c was already set to unlimited, only upon
resetting it for that user enabled it to dump core.

I've done some testing and now dccifd will dump core
upon recieving those signals.

Now to sit and wait.

Regards,
Cami