dccifd stabilty issues with 1.2.74

Cami camis@mweb.co.za
Mon Mar 28 21:18:21 UTC 2005

Vernon Schryver wrote:
>>From: Cami
>>Confirmed, same setup (dccd/dccifd). I have 12 machines and all are
>>doing exactly the same thing. (The process randomly terminates/crashes).
>>I didnt bother mentioning it as i thought i was the only one having
>>this problem.
>
> Are you seeing the start-up messages from dccifd?  If not, perhaps
> dccifd is complaining in which log those are being sent.

Attached is syslog-ng messages.

> Is the DCC home directory writable by the user running dccifd?

[spamwall11][/var/dcc]# ls -ld /var/amavis
drwxr-xr-x  5 amavis amavis 192 Jan 25 12:14 /var/amavis

> If you try to force a core dump with something like `kill -10` or
> `kill -3`, does a core file appear?

kill -10 does nothing and kill -3 terminates dccifd but no,
doesnt not generate a core dump..

[spamwall11][/var/dcc]# ulimit -aH
core file size        (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 65535
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) unlimited
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) unlimited
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

> Are you using the new DNS blacklist mechanism?

Nope.

> Does addin "-Bset_debug -Bset_debug -Bset_debug -ddd"
> to DCCIFD_ARGS /var/dcc/dcc_conf produce any interesting messages?

Will have to run this in production and wait till the crash occurs..

Cami