dccifd stabilty issues with 1.2.74

Mon Mar 28 20:46:02 UTC 2005

> From: Cami

> Kelsey Cummings wrote:

> > Basically, the problem is that dccifd just disapears.  No log messages and
> > no core so it's really hard to even start troubleshooting the problem.
> > It's happening across four servers running dccd and dccifd - each on
> > processes about 100 messages/minute.  The process will survive for a
> > seemingly random period of time - generally on the order of hours.  Since I
> > upgraded on Friday I've seen around 5 crashes between the 4 servers.

> Confirmed, same setup (dccd/dccifd). I have 12 machines and all are
> doing exactly the same thing. (The process randomly terminates/crashes).
> I didnt bother mentioning it as i thought i was the only one having
> this problem.

Are you seeing the start-up messages from dccifd?  If not, perhaps
dccifd is complaining in which log those are being sent.

Is the DCC home directory writable by the user running dccifd?
If you try to force a core dump with something like `kill -10` or
`kill -3`, does a core file appear?

Are you using the new DNS blacklist mechanism?

Does addin "-Bset_debug -Bset_debug -Bset_debug -ddd"
to DCCIFD_ARGS /var/dcc/dcc_conf produce any interesting messages?

Without some clue about what is happening, it will be difficult to fix.

thanks,