version 1.2.74 vs. MAC OS/X

John Doherty jdoherty@gstype.com
Mon Mar 28 19:25:42 UTC 2005

On 3/26/05 at 8:16 PM, vjs@calcite.rhyolite.com wrote:

>>   checking for pthread_mutex_lock... yes

>> So it won't build dccm, but other than that, the build seemed to go
>> fine. If there's anything else you'd like to see, just ask.

> Assuming it builds dccifd, it sounds ok.

It did build that, with no apparent problem.

> The person who reported the problem has said something about running
> NetBSD over Darwin, which I understand to mean something about the
> C compiler and libraries he is using.

That sounds weird -- I don't know what to make of that, exactly. I did
this on a perfectly stock MacOS/X.

> Does it sound plausible that he might have a libc that lacks
> pthread_mutex_lock()?

Your guess is probably better than mine. But there doesn't seem to be
a problem building it on MacOS/X, just whatever weird comglomeration
of an OS he's got.