dccifd stabilty issues with 1.2.74

Kelsey Cummings kgc@sonic.net
Mon Mar 28 18:00:25 UTC 2005

I've had similar problems in the past with dccifd but not this bad.  The
last version we were running before 1.2.74 was, however, very stable.  I'm
not sure what it was Vernon - perhaps you have it recorded since the server
pages have already been updated.

Basically, the problem is that dccifd just disapears.  No log messages and
no core so it's really hard to even start troubleshooting the problem.
It's happening across four servers running dccd and dccifd - each on
processes about 100 messages/minute.  The process will survive for a
seemingly random period of time - generally on the order of hours.  Since I
upgraded on Friday I've seen around 5 crashes between the 4 servers.

Any one else seeing this problem?  Vernon, anything I can do to help get
you information that could help you fix the bug?

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc@sonic.net           sonic.net, inc.
System Administrator                      2260 Apollo Way