dccsight -QG as used in the cgi-scripts segfaults

Fri Mar 18 16:02:18 UTC 2005

> From: Vincent Schonau

> The following appears in my webserver error-log:
>
> sh: line 1:  3817 Segmentation fault      /var/dcc/libexec/dccsight -QG
> "89d70f46 05f383e6 dfa0738e 3877f7d9"
>
> Running that command manually or with other checksums also results in a
> segmentation fault (on Linux, 2.6.10, Fedora Core, glibc version 2.3.4).

I can't make it fail on FreeBSD from the CGI scripts or manually.

> write(2, "open(/var/dcc/map): Permission d"..., 37open(/var/dcc/map):
> Permission denied) = 37
> write(2, "; fatal error\n", 14; fatal error
> )         = 14

That looks like something odd with logging.

System call traces are rarely very useful for finding such problems.
Stack traces have far more information, even when the application
was not built with -g.  Is there a core file?  If so,
what does the "bt" command given to `gdb /var/dcc/libexec/dccsight corefile`
say about the stack trace?

To build the DCC with line number information and so make the stack traces
really useful, try `/var/dcc/libexec/updatedcc -eDBGFLAGS=-g`