dccproc, dccifd, spamassassin, amavisd-new

Sun Mar 13 22:21:32 UTC 2005

> From: Gary Verchick <lists@johnmecham.com>

> dccifd -l log -t CMN,5, -w whiteclnt -U userdirs
>
> I don't know what arguments (if any) SpamAssassin passes to dccifd or
> dccproc, I just want to insure the end result is the same.

I wouldn't expect SpamAssassin to start dccifd.  To see how SpamAssassin
run dccproc, why not either look at the SpamAssassin source or
replace dccproc with a shell script that does `echo "$*" >/tmp/args`

> Any suggestions as to whether I would need to modify DCCIFD_ARGS=
> in dcc_conf or not?

reading the find manual is a good way to start answring such questions.
There are man pages for both dccproc and dccifd.

> I'm evaluating this on a test box. I set DBCLEAN_LOGDAYS=1 and after a
> couple days I ran cron-dccd but the few log entries I had did not
> delete as I thought they would.

`cron-dccd -x` shows what that script does

>                                   and I also experimented with setting
> DCCIFD_ARGS="-t ALL,NEVER,"
> which also disabled logging, but once again, I don't know if this
> affects the net result of whether SpamAssassin would could consider a
> particular message listed by DCC or not.

The Logging thresholds are independent of the bulk mail thresholds.
I think the man page says -tALL,NEVER sets both the logging and bulk
thesholds to never.