DCC digest, Vol 1 #660 - 7 msgs

Joël Brogniart Joel.Brogniart@univ-lyon2.fr
Tue Mar 8 04:56:35 UTC 2005

Joël :

>>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>>> _res_9_init

Joël

Le 7 mars 05, à 20:01, Vernon Schryver a écrit :

> There is also a hidden ./configure switch to turn off the threading
> in the new DNS blacklist code on systems where the resolver library
> is hopelessly unusual.  Please let me know if that is needed.  I hope
> it is only temporary paranoia that can be removed.
>
> For version 1.2.72 of the DCC source, I will change the ./configure
> script to add -lresolv to $LIBS for Darwin.
>
> For this case, I would like to understand why the ./configure script
> did not discover that res_init() is not available.  Does the Mac OS X
> libc have a stubb for res_init() that calls res_9_init()?

I changed $LIBS to make the installation process happy and that worked.

The configure script find "resolv.h" but I don't know about res_int().
I'm not a developer guru and I've just enougth knowledge to trace where
the problem comes from. I think that there is some tricks to make
software happy with Apple's resolver (BIND8_COMPAT ?) but  I don't know
the good solution.

Joël