dccifd vs. postfix

Maxim Cherniavsky maxim@mtu.ru
Mon Mar 7 15:30:49 UTC 2005

Leandro Santi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Vernon Schryver, 03-06-2005:
>

>>Would it be useful if dccifd could use a small subset of SMTP
>>consisting of the MAIL_FROM, RCPT_TO, and DATA commands to
>>reject or accept and pass on mail messages?  The idea is that
>>might make it easy (or easier) to wire dccifd into postfix.
>>

>How would you do the wiring? Back in time when the dccifd didn't exist
>I made a custom dlopen() dynamic module api for Postfix, and plugged the
>DCC into smtpd for the checksum calculations. I'm still running it, I
>have to maintain it, I do not like this solution at all, but fortunately
>both projects have evolved a lot in this field :-)

I've written my own solution, integrating dcc code into cleanup
subsystem of postfix.
I don't like this integration, but direct use of  dccifd is imposible
due to performance reasons.
If some time Vernon will make clear api to use dcc algoritms, dcc can be
integrated with posfix.
The proper place is smtpd_proxy_filter or content_filter.