How to whitelist ebay but not ebay spoofs?

John Sutton john@scl.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 12:14:01 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004  8:40 pm, Chris Aseltine wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Gary Mills wrote:
> > We have ebay in the DCC whitelist like this:
> >
> > 	ok	env_from	aw-confirm@ebay.com
> > 	ok	from	aw-confirm@ebay.com
> >
> > Now, we are getting phishing e-mail from all over the place with
> > those addresses spoofed.  How can we allow one, but block the other?
>
> What about whitelisting eBay's outbound email servers instead?

I use:

# Ebay, 3 ranges of contiguous IP's plus 1 other.
# mxpool01.ebay.com to mxpool24.ebay.com
ok ip 66.135.197.0/27
# mxsmfpool01.ebay.com to mxsmfpool24.ebay.com
ok ip 66.135.209.192/27
# smfcamppool01.emailebay.com to smfcamppool20.emailebay.com
ok ip 66.135.215.224/27
ok ip outbound1.smf.ebay.com

John Sutton
SCL Internet