cdcc info and rtt don't query all servers in the map

Fri Oct 29 14:28:36 UTC 2004

> From: Vincent Schonau

> #     100% of 32 requests ok    7.59 ms RTT              9 ms queue wait

> #      50% of  4 requests ok    0.52 ms RTT              0 ms queue wait

> #      33% of  6 requests ok    0.40 ms RTT              0 ms queue wait

> #      25% of  8 requests ok   10.49 ms RTT              8 ms queue wait

> #      not answering

> Note that cdcc claims that dcc1.dcc.xs4all.nl was 'not answering' at
> this time. It most definitely was. A tcpdump of traffic to or from
> 194.109.22.195 from the host that this command was run on, shows no
> packets being sent to that server at all. A random check indicates that
> more of our dcc client installations exhibit this behaviour, although
> apparently not all.
>
> Is that intended behaviour? Does this not cause that last server to
> never be picked by the client as the server to send it's reports to?

How do you figre that the fifth system was in fact answering?
Did `cdcc "host dcc1.dcc.xs4all.nl; rtt"` get answers?

Are you running FreeBSD 4.10?  This week I finally got around to doing
somet tests with FreeBSD 4.10 and found that UDP socket disconnecting
is indeed newly broken in FreeBSD 4.*.  One symptom is that `cdcc rtt`
overlooks all servers after the first one that does not answer.
I will release 1.2.58 with a work-around later today.