Log message after implementing DCC greylisting with spamassassin

Paul R. Ganci ganci@nurdog.com
Mon Oct 18 00:54:37 UTC 2004

I have been using DCC from spamassassin for a while now with great
success, so much so that I decided to implement greylisting. I followed
the directions on
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/dcc-tree/INSTALL.html and can
indeed see that a greylisting DCC server is running:

# cdcc 'info'
# 10/17/04 18:46:21 MDT  /var/dcc/map
# Re-resolve names after 20:01:31
# 187.32 ms threshold, 227.75 ms average    12 total, 11 working servers
IPv6 off

<snipped the dcc1-5 server listings>
################
# 10/17/04 18:46:21 MDT  GreyList /var/dcc/map
# Re-resolve names after 20:01:32
# 1 total, 1 working servers

127.0.0.1,-                 Greylist 32768 4025290487x307
# * 127.0.0.1,-                                                       ID
32702
#     100% of 32 requests ok    0.23 ms RTT              0 ms queue wait

However when I look in my maillog file I find messages like this:

Oct 17 12:49:44 nureyev dccifd[18678]: env_From not available for
greylisting

Can somebody point out my configuration error. I searched the archives
but didn't find anything related nor did a Google search turn up
anything interesting. If I look at any particular msg file in the
/var/dcc/log I see the following information at the top:

VERSION: 3
DATE: 10/17/04 03:09:59 MDT
IP:  ::ffff:0.0.0.0
env_From:  <<81>g>  mail_host=
env_To: unknown  addr=  dir=

This really looks as though I left some critical information out of the
configuration files.

Thanks.

--
Paul (ganci@nurdog.com)