Mail servers that don't handle greylisting correctly

Gary Mills mills@cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Oct 6 17:50:43 UTC 2004

Since this subject has arisen recently, I'm enclosing my file of broken
e-mail servers that don't respond correctly to DCC greylisting.  This
file, which I call no-retry.wh, is included in my grey_whitelist file.
I've tried to determine which e-mail server each site is running, but
some of them are hidden behind firewalls.  You may notice some servers
that should be avoided if you value reliable e-mail.

================%<================
# Broken mail servers that do not retry after temporary
#	SMTP failures

# ZipLip Server 4.1
ok	substitute helo	ziplip.com

# MERAK 3.10.110
ok	substitute helo	mail.dfginternet.com

# GroupWise Internet Agent 6.5.1
ok	substitute helo dillon.ca

# IA Mail Server Version: 3.2.2 (True North Software, Inc.)
ok	substitute helo 80ways.com

# Kerio MailServer 5.6.1
ok	substitute helo ace.MAGICSOFT.COM

# Zmailer: Mount Saint Vincent University
# ok	ip	140.230.5.76

# btinternet.com: slow retries and rotating outgoing SMTP servers
ok	ip	194.73.73.0/24

# thomsonlearning.com: Sendmail Switch-3.1.4/Switch-3.1.0
ok	substitute helo tlau5p.thomsonlearning.com
ok	substitute helo tlau6p.thomsonlearning.com

# oconnor-associates.com: WorkgroupMail 7.6
ok	substitute helo oconnor-associates.com

# Parks Canada: anonymous
ok	ip	198.103.196.130

# Serologicals Corp: Trend Micro InterScan Messaging Security Suite, Version: 5.5
ok	ip	63.170.74.20

# ch-sa.com (FTGate 2, 2, 2, 1)
ok	ip	194.3.110.139

# HigherEdJobs.com: anonymous
ok	ip	216.169.166.150

# mail3.qouest.net: ESMTP MERAK 3.00.140
ok	ip	66.158.143.10

# hermes.sun.com: anonymous
ok	ip	209.249.117.23

# cdha.nshealth.ca: anonymous
ok	ip	142.176.37.4

# sgtulmg02.sabre.com: anonymous
ok	ip	151.193.220.17
ok	ip	151.193.220.19

# globeandmail.ca: InterScan Messaging Security Suite
ok	ip	199.85.64.8
ok	ip	199.85.64.9

####