dccproc eating up 98% of the CPU

Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sat Oct 2 02:57:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:45:29PM -1200, Kevin W. Gagel wrote:
> Ruben,
> Thats my server and a traceroute will not work past the prgrs081.net.gov.bc.ca
> (142.27.226.18) router. Its PLNet, our "lovely" government ordered ISP. We can
> not do traceroute from the inside out past that location. Its only trace
> route. We've fought with them several times over the past couple of years
> regarding trafic for the DCC server, just a few months ago they actually
> blocked all trafic to it. Then they sent us an email to let us know they did
> that. Since its our gateway email server we couldn't get it.

//Kevin, this is Australia?    I might be going there is I'm approved for the Free
Software show in April.  I submitted papers on the advice of ArenJ who is
in Australia and working for MYSQL.  //

Never mind, I think I just realized your in Canada.

That is really a bizzare story.  In the US, their is a very big conservative bend to
many things and they've laid off, for the most part, ISP's and the internet as a matter
of convservative dogma.  Sometimes this is good, and sometimes, less good.  And there has
been some retreat with this after Septemeber 11th and with the Home Security act.   And
they, of course, have the troubles they have with the DMCA and ISP's.

I'm often suprised, however, when I hear stories like this.

I'm in a much better mood now, because I got this thing to fundementally function.

Now when I run

I get output that looks like this: