dccproc eating up 98% of the CPU

Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS ruben@mrbrklyn.com
Sat Oct 2 02:27:59 UTC 2004

> > IPv6 off
> >
> > dcc1.dcc-servers.net,-      anon
> > #   142.27.70.214,-                                 #      not answering
>
> Those consistent "not answering" results imply that you have some
> kind of firewall that is blocking UDP port 6277.
> See http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/firewall.html

OK Here it finds the port open on the remote dcc server with nmap

www2:/home/ruben # nmap -sU -p 6277  216.244.192.216

Starting nmap V. 2.54BETA30 ( www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
	Interesting ports on dcc4.sinectis.com.ar (216.244.192.216):
	Port       State       Service
	6277/udp   open        unknown

	Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 3 seconds