dccproc eating up 98% of the CPU

Fri Oct 1 20:57:28 UTC 2004

> From: Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS

> What would cause this behavior.  I downloaded the latest dcc source
> from the website
> and compiled it by hand

> > > When I updated Spamassassin it seems to have cuased dccproc to now
> > use
> > > 99+ percoent of the CPU.  I've torn through the documentation and I
> > can't
> > > figure out what is wrong.

Which is "the website"?  If it is either of the two URLs listed at
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/ or
http://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/ then fine.
If not, that could be the cause of your problem.

If "compiled it by hand" means `./configure whatever; make install` or
`./configure whatever; make; make install` then fine.
If not, then whatever you did is my guess for the cause of your problem.

If you did not "improve" the source or build mechanisms, then

  - What is dccproc doing?  Is a single dccproc process running
     or is Spam Assassin continually restarting it?

  - What is dccproc doing?  Is there any relevant network activity?
    (That is not a request for thousands of lines of packet traces or
    ptrace, strace, or other system call trace logs.)

  - You previously wrote that you updated only SpamAssassin and started
     having problems.  Now you seem to be saying that you update both
     SpamAssassin and the DCC client.  Which is the case?

  - Which version of which operating system are you using?

  - What is the result of `cdcc info`?

  - What is the result of `dccproc -i msg-file`?

  - Is there anything else we should know?