Firewall rules

Alex S Moore asmoore@edge.net
Mon Sep 13 13:01:44 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 04:49, Richard Underwood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I thought I should make a comment regarding the documentation about
> firewall rules on the website at
> http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/firewall.html - I hope this hasn't
> been covered to death before! I realise it says "use at your own risk", but
> it should perhaps be clarified.

Interesting.  I, as a public dcc server user, appreciate your comments.

Sorry if this is too off-topic Vernon.

My firewall rule (not ipchains or Cisco IOS), says the direction of udp
packets is send-receive.  I can also define receive-send or both
directions.  Does it sound reasonable that send-receive direction would
not allow someone to bind to port 6277 and then connect to port 3306?

Alex