Required Information About DCC Protocols

Faisal fashi007@khi.wol.net.pk
Sat Sep 11 06:56:46 UTC 2004

Hi:
  Please can anybody tell me about dcc protocol. I have search through the web-search engine but i have not found any information about the dcc protocol. When i searched using 'dccp' then i found result related to 'datagram congestion control protocol'. I have understood the working of DCC server and DCC client from http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/.  There it is also mentioned that dcc trafic is much similiar to DNS trafic. But only the difference is of the port (6227 instead of 53).

  Actually i m interested in case where i write my own dcc client and dcc server which would work on dcc protocols. I have looked for different products like MXtreme™ ( www.mxtreme.com ) and Marvin (http://marvin.sihope.com/index.htm ) which integrates dcc in their products.

  Please provide me proper guideline and any references. From where i can found more about the DCC protocol. I would be obliged.

Regards
Faisal

fashi007
e-mail: fashi007@khi.wol.net.pk