wlist

Wed Sep 8 00:17:04 UTC 2004

> From: "Larry Ash"

> When I run 'dccproc -w whiteclnt' I get a whiteclnt.dccw file
> with a timestamp of Dec 31 1969.
> I noticed it first on my mx machines that run dccifd. I tried two
> machines and ran dccproc twice on
> each and every time the 1969 date on the file. No harm that I
> know of just strange.

The DCC client library leaves the newly rebuilt whiteclnt.dccw file
with a timestamp of the Epoch when the whiteclnt file or an included
file is sick.  That tells the code to try to rebuild the .dccw file
at the next opportunity, which won't be for a few minutes to prevent
thrashing.

> Also I don't get an error in the log. I looked last night's log
> from when dbclean ran and found two
> errors that I hadn't fixed. dccproc didn't find them when it ran
> and after dccproc ran running

I should have suggested using `dccproc -d -w whiteclnt ...`

> wlist didn't find them either.
>
> If I put an error in whitecommon, say a non-existant host and run
> 'wlist whiteclnt' it should find
> it right? (Assuming whiteclnt has "include whitecommon" in it.)

wlist should find such errors if it rebuilds the .dccw file.  Perhaps
it should not find errors its purpose is only to list the .dccw file.
I'll look at it.

If wlist is to be used to check whiteclnt files, then perhaps it
should have an easy way to suppress its normal output.