Problem with whitelists

Tue Sep 7 17:49:36 UTC 2004

> From sneak@ipnoc.co.za  Tue Sep  7 09:38:33 2004

> The below ive listed in /var/dcc/whitelist
>
> I'll try moving it to /var/dcc/whiteclnt,

The dccm man page talks about the whiteclnt file and does not mention
/var/dcc/whitelist.

The dbclean man page talks about /var/dcc/whitelist

> I'll try moving it to /var/dcc/whiteclnt, do I need to reload DCCM when
> modifying this file?

No, changes to all of the DCC configuration files are noticed and acted
upon automatically, with the debatable exception of the server whitelist
files, /var/dcc/whitelist and /var/dcc/grey_whitelist.  Those are read
only by dbclean.

> So if im using a public DCC server does the stats graphs apply to how much
> mail has been stopped on my mail server?

At midnight local time dccm sends a message to the system log like:

Sep  6 00:00:00 calcite dccm[6910]: 1.2.52 greylist embargoed X messages to Y targets; rejected Z messages for X1 targets and discarded for X2 targets among X3 total messages for Q targets since 09/05/04 00:00:00

(The count of rejected mail in the sample message I just checked looks bogus.
I'll have to look into that.)