ddcifd stability problems?

Kelsey Cummings kgc@sonic.net
Mon Aug 16 23:15:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 02:12:23PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:
> > From: Kelsey Cummings
>
> > Vernon- anything I can provide you with to help track this down?
> >
> > I got one other confirmation of problems off-list.
>
> I need a core file or some other symptom other than "dccifd
> disappeared." Not to put too fine a point on it, there are many
> things that can make a process disappear besides bugs in the program
> itself, including hardware problems and "bad hands."

I can certainly appreciate that.  However, it's all I've got.  dccifd 'goes
away' without any core or log messages.

Is anyone *not* having problems?

> I'm waiting to release 1.2.51 until I've cooked the
> greylist-whitelist-IP-address stuff a little more.
>
> In the last 3 months, I've also seen two instances where my malloc()
> debugging code has thrown up, but without enough information to figure
> out what happened.

We'll wait for .51 and see if it helps.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc@sonic.net           sonic.net, inc.
System Administrator                      2260 Apollo Way